Abrasiplate™-Rubber Faced Plate
Versatile Rubber Covered Steel Sheet- Protect it with Rubber®
When steel meets steel or when steel is unprotected against friction, abrasion, corrosion, impact or chemical attack, the result is costly repair or replacement and profit reducing down time. A rubber face on the steel surface can prevent this damage. We call it Abrasiplate™. Tests have shown that rubber faced plate has an abrasion wear time up to 10 times longer than unprotected metals. Abrasiplate™ or “rubber-faced plate” is not simply a piece of sheet rubber glued to metal (like many companies offer). Our vulcanization process of specially formulated rubber compound results in a blister-free, virtually unbreakable bond between rubber and metal.
- Abrasiplate™ kept in-stock is 16 ga. steel with custom formulated 60 durometer SBR rubber. Overall thicknesses of 1/4″, 1/2″, 3/4″, and 1″ standard sizes are 48″ wide x 96″, 120″ or 144″ long, but most any size can be produced.
- Abrasiplate™ can be ordered up to 9″ overall thickness and up to 90″ wide x 180″ long.
- Metal backing thickness can be from 20 ga. up to 1″ and can be steel, aluminum, expanded metal or stainless steel.
- Abrasiplate™ can be punched, drilled, sawed, sheared, rolled, shaped or formed as needed.
- Abrasiplate™ can be applied over existing surfaces or fabricated alone to meet your specs. It can be bolted, screwed, riveted, or tack welded in place.
Rubber Sheet Images
Assorted PlatesVarious sized 3/4" SBR covered plates
Shaker Plate42" x 48" Shaker plate covered with 1" SBR for impact and abrasion resistance
Standard Abrasive Plate48" x 120" x 1/2" OA covered with SBR
Rubber faced plate5-1/2"W x 21"L plate covered with 3/16" natural rubber with cross hatch design
A few industries where ABRASIPLATE™ can make an impact on your maintenance costs:
- Sand, Gravel and Rock Operations- Hoppers, chutes, cones, and troughs may be lined for longer life and less downtime. Rubber covered perforated plates serve as excellent vibrating screens.
- Sand and Grit Blasting- Used to line blast machines or entire rooms to protect against long term effects of grit blasting. Can be fastened directly to the walls of existing rooms.
- Forklift Clamps and Forks- Specially patterned for use as clamp pads to grip boxes or drums with less clamping pressure. Forks are covered for various reasons including damage-free pick up of boats and ‘nick free’ handling of specially coated pipe.
- Power Plants- Lining chutes and hoppers to prolong the life of material handling systems in coal fired operations and to reduce downtime and maintenance.
- Brick or Block Plants- Rubber faced clamp pads on machinery effectively move and pick up blocks or bricks without damaging the product surface.
- Cyclones and Dust Collecting Systems- To prevent premature wear of cyclones in high velocity airflow areas and repairing existing equipment.
- Grain Handling- Spouts, hoppers, elbows and transition can be lined with rubber for increased life of the part and reduced grain breakage.
Standard Line Product Information
|Product No.||Length||Width||Abrasiplate Overall Thickness
||Steel Gauge||Rubber Type|
|62548096||48″||96″||¼”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|62548120||48″||120″||¼”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|62548144||48″||144″||¼”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|65048096||48″||96″||½”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|65048120||48″||120″||½”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|65048144||48″||144″||½”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|67548096||48″||96″||¾”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|67548120||48″||120″||¾”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|67548144||48″||144″||¾”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|61048096||48″||96″||1″||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|61048120||48″||120″||1″||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|61048144||48″||144″||1″||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|22548096||48″||96″||¼”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|22548120||48″||120″||¼”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|22548120||48″||144″||¼”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|25048096||48″||96″||½”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|25048120||48″||120″||½”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|25048144||48″||144″||½”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|27548096||48″||96″||¾”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|27548120||48″||120″||¾”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|27548144||48″||144″||¾”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|21048096||48″||96″||1″||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|21048120||48″||120″||1″||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|21048144||48″||144″||1″||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|Custom sizes available upon request.|