Abrasiplate®-Rubber Faced Plate
Versatile Rubber Covered Steel Sheet
Protect it with Rubber®
When steel meets steel or when steel is unprotected against friction, abrasion, corrosion, impact or chemical attack, the result is costly repair or replacement and profit reducing down time. An Endurawear® Rubber face on the steel surface can prevent this damage. We call it Abrasiplate®. Tests have shown that rubber-faced plate has an abrasion wear time up to 10 times longer than unprotected metals. Abrasiplate® or “rubber-faced plate” is not simply a piece of sheet rubber glued to metal (like many companies offer). Our vulcanization process of specially formulated rubber compound results in a blister-free, virtually unbreakable bond between Endurawear® Rubber and metal.
- Abrasiplate® kept in-stock is 16 ga. steel with Sioux Rubber’s proprietary Endurawear® 60 durometer SBR rubber. Overall thicknesses of 1/4″ and 1/2″ standard sizes are 48″ wide x 96″ or 120″ long, but most any size can be produced.
- Abrasiplate® can be ordered up to 9″ overall thickness and up to 90″ wide x 180″ long.
- Metal backing thickness can be from 20 ga. up to 1″ and can be steel, aluminum, expanded metal or stainless steel.
- Abrasiplate® can be punched, drilled, sawed, sheared, rolled, shaped or formed as needed.
- Abrasiplate® can be applied over existing surfaces or fabricated alone to meet your specs. It can be bolted, screwed, riveted, or tack welded in place.
A few industries where ABRASIPLATE® can make an impact on your maintenance costs
- Sand, Gravel and Rock Operations- Hoppers, chutes, cones, and troughs may be lined for longer life and less downtime. Endurawear® Rubber covered perforated plates serve as excellent vibrating screens.
- Sand and Grit Blasting- Used to line blast machines or entire rooms to protect against long term effects of grit blasting. Can be fastened directly to the walls of existing rooms.
- Forklift Clamps and Forks- Specially patterned for use as clamp pads to grip boxes or drums with less clamping pressure. Forks are covered for various reasons including damage-free pick up of boats and ‘nick free’ handling of specially coated pipe.
- Power Plants- Lining chutes and hoppers to prolong the life of material handling systems in coal fired operations and to reduce downtime and maintenance.
- Brick or Block Plants- Endurawear® Rubber faced clamp pads on machinery effectively move and pick up blocks or bricks without damaging the product surface.
- Cyclones and Dust Collecting Systems- To prevent premature wear of cyclones in high velocity airflow areas and repairing existing equipment.
- Grain Handling- Spouts, hoppers, elbows and transition can be lined with rubber for increased life of the part and reduced grain breakage.
word for it:
It is hard to beat from the aspect of economy, abrasion resistance, lining integrity, and high temperature resistance. [Sioux Rubber] has done an excellent job of installing and testing rubber liners that we have used in our scrubbers and reactors… delivery times are accurate… and the quality of the job is top notch.
Dirk Lohry – Nutra-Flo Chemical Company
Standard Line Product Information
|Product No.||Width||Length||Abrasiplate Overall Thickness||Steel Gauge||Rubber Type|
|62548096||48″||96″||¼”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|62548120||48″||120″||¼”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|62548144||48″||144″||¼”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|65048096||48″||96″||½”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|65048120||48″||120″||½”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|65048144||48″||144″||½”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|67548096||48″||96″||¾”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|67548120||48″||120″||¾”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|67548144||48″||144″||¾”||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|61048096||48″||96″||1″||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|61048120||48″||120″||1″||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|61048144||48″||144″||1″||16ga||60 Duro SBR|
|22548096||48″||96″||¼”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|22548120||48″||120″||¼”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|22548120||48″||144″||¼”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|25048096||48″||96″||½”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|25048120||48″||120″||½”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|25048144||48″||144″||½”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|27548096||48″||96″||¾”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|27548120||48″||120″||¾”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|27548144||48″||144″||¾”||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|21048096||48″||96″||1″||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|21048120||48″||120″||1″||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|21048144||48″||144″||1″||12ga||60 Duro SBR|
|Custom sizes available upon request.|
Download the Sioux Rubber & Urethane Product Catalog
Get the complete overview of products and services and learn how your equipment can last longer.
Protect it with
Service and Quality
Contact our experienced sales and research staff and they will work with you to develop the right product or find the right coating for your specific needs. Over the last 40 years we have earned the reputation in the industry of being an on time supplier of high quality rubber and urethane products. Whether you are in the mining, aggregate, agricultural, chemical or manufacturing industry we can protect your equipment and machinery from abrasion, impact and corrosion thus reducing downtime, maintenance and repair cost. This will allow you to extend equipment life, increase productivity and decrease operating and maintenance costs.
Quality Rubber Products Are Ready For You
SiouxRubber © Copyright 2019