Chemical Resistant Rubber or Urethane to Protect Your Equipment
Don’t let chemical corrosion wreck your equipment. Sioux Rubber & Urethane will protect it with rubber or urethane depending on what application will work best for you. Over time chemical corrosion gradually destroys materials (metal) by chemical reacting to substrate. Corrosion damages the useful properties of materials and structures including strength, appearance and permeability to liquids and gases.
Rubber Linings Have Advantages in a Corrosive Environment
- Rubber is not an electric conductor, thus preventing electrolytic corrosion.
- Compounded Rubber is chemically resistant and handles most corrosive solutions.
- Rubber lining entirely covers the metal surface avoiding intergranular, stress and crevice corrosion and corrosion fatigue.
- Flexible Rubber expands and contracts with a tank without breaking the lining integrity, the rubber-to-metal bonds or the rubber lining.
- Rubber resists abrasion, erosion is minimized.
- Rubber is light in weight.
- Sioux Rubber can easily install rubber linings in our plant. Rubber has excellent service life.
Tuff-Tube® Spout Lining
Rubber lining protects tanks, fan housings, pump housings, impellers, containers, or ducts from corrosion and abrasion problems. It will not only protect the metal but also the product or contents from contamination. Chemical handling systems, scrubbers, reactors, vapor collection systems and blower systems can all be protected with rubber.
Rubber lining of tanks, housings, scrubbers, reactors and other equipment extends the service life, saving you money. Rubber lining is considerably cheaper than equipment replacement and the associated downtime for repairs and replacement.
Protect it with Rubber
Customer’s use spray urethane coatings to protect against friction, chemical attack and weather wear on equipment. Urethane can increase the life of your equipment due to the plastic elastomer nature. Industrial urethane coating bond to your equipment as they are flexible and will shrink or expand with the substrate. Paint on the other hand lacks the flexibility and will break its bond as they are flexed. Industrial spray urethane shields against abrasion, impact, and the abuse from the elements. Some examples of projects we have worked on in the past are: soybean dryer, frame rails for soybean sorter’s and hoppers.
Protect it with Urethane
Urethane is used for lining pipe and tanks to protect against corrosion in liquid, material handling and other processes. Sprayable urethane coatings provide superior protection against friction, abrasion, corrosion, chemicals and weather. Spray urethane is available in different thicknesses from .040” to .375”. Sioux Rubber & Urethane can work with you to develop the right formulation and the right product to protect your material handling and transport equipment.